Eye Care of Maine Job Vacancy Announcement
Eye Care of Maine is a multi-specialty ophthalmology practice with 4 Ophthalmologists, 4 Optometrists and an Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC). We are seeking the right candidate to fill a full-time Surgical Coordinator vacancy in our ASC department.
The Surgical Coordinator is responsible for scheduling surgeries, pre/post-operative education, and documentation for all surgical patients through the use of verbal, written and visual materials. The Surgical Coordinator takes patient measurements (K-readings and A-scans), orders intraocular lenses, provides and prepares required paperwork for insurance companies and hospitals. This position is the liaison between the Surgery Center, the Ophthalmology Offices, and referring physicians.
- The ideal candidate should have these skill sets:
- A minimum of 2 years of ophthalmic experience
- Confident, articulate, and professional speaking abilities
- Ability to counsel, advise, and listen to patients
- Familiarity with insurances and their requirements
- Knowledge of medical terminology, the eye and related anatomy
Preference will be given to candidates who are certified as an Ophthalmic Assistant or a Technician; also, having knowledge of manual keratometer, IOL Master, biometry, Pentacam, and immersion A-scan is a plus.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume and a cover letter addressing your experience as it relates the above skill sets to: Annette McLaggan, HR Director, Eye Care of Maine, 325A KMD, Waterville, Maine 04901 or email to AMcLaggan@Maine2020.com.